CALL FOR PAPERS: 2nd KWAME NKRUMAH PAN-AFRICAN INTELLECTUAL AND CULTURAL FESTIVAL AND CONFERENCE 20017
Theme: “Global Africa 2063: Education for re-construction and transformation”
Dates and Venue: June 25 – July 1 2017, University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
- Conceptualization of the ‘Global Africa’.
- Refashioning Pan-Africanist thought for education and the 2063 Agenda.
- Pan African achievements and challenges from 1963 – 2013 and the opportunities from 2013 – 2063
- The role of Pan-African intellectuals in Global Africa 2063.
- Re-fashioning African Studies for Africa’s Transformation.
- Recuperating and application of African knowledge systems for the reconstruction.
- Strengthening African languages for Education.
- Teaching Pan-Africanism in Educational Institutions: politics, curricula and institutional cultures.
- Global Africa and the challenges of empowering African youth and harvesting the demographic dividend.
- Pan Africanism, gender justice and the emancipation of women.
- Global Africa and the Agenda of African/Black lives matter.
- Reparative Justice and the Pan African world
- African Studies Past and Present
Festival website http://www.iasnkrumah.
Call for papers/panels/round table http://www.iasnkrumah.
Guidelines for abstract submission http://www.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR AFRICA DAY AT IUSSP INTERNATIONAL POPULATION CONFERENCE 2017
The IUSSP invites African demographers and population scientists to consider submitting abstracts the sessions (1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1907, 1908, 1909 and 1910) that form part of the Africa Day program which will run from the 31st of October to the 1st of November, 2017 during the course of the IPC.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 15th of December 2016
For further information please go to http://www.ipc2017capetown.
THE IUSSP INTERNATIONAL POPULATION CONFERENCE
Cape Town, South Africa, 29 October – 4 November 2017
Click on this link : – http://ipc2017capetown.iussp.org/
5th CLIMATE CHANGE AND POPULATION CONFERENCE ON AFRICA, [CC POP – GHANA 2016]
19th July – 22nd July, 2016
University of Ghana – Legon, Accra
Climate Change Working Group (CCWG) Centre of Excellence
Theme: Building Bridges and Research-Into-Use
More information on http://www.ccpopghana.org
11th ANNUAL POPULATION ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN AFRICA CONFERENCE (PASA)
31 August 2016 – 02 September 2016
University of Witwatersrand – Johannesburg, South Africa
Theme: Population and Sustainable Development
Extended Call for Abstracts till 31 March 2016
More information on www.populationassociationsa.
OXFAM WEST AFRICA CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
OXFAM is a development, humanitarian and campaign organisation that works with a variety of partners to overcome poverty and suffering in the world.
Oxfam GB program seeks to address the vulnerability of populations and strengthen the poor resilience. In West Africa, Oxfam is strongly committed to reducing inequalities. The organisation develops programs and solutions to promote the development of the poor, the marginalized, and the vulnerable.
As part of its activities, Oxfam West Africa wants to develop partnerships with researchers in the region. Oxfam is looking for institutes and research centres, laboratories, Think Thanks, researchers and academics, in social sciences and economics, willing to support the accomplishment of its mission.
You are invited to express your interest by following the link below (Deadline 30 June):
Please feel free to share within your network.
FAMILY DEMOGRAPHY IN AFRICA AND POST-2015 DEVELOPMENT AGENDA
Demography and Population Studies Programme,
University of the Witwatersrand,Johannesburg, South Africa
Date: 27th – 29th June, 2016
Venue: Sunnyside Park Hotel in Johannesburg
Click this link for more information Family Demography